Are you using an MTK based Android smartphone or tablet? If yes, are you searching for a tool to extract the contents of your device firmware? If yes is your answer, then you are in the right place. Download MTK Extractor from here, install it on your Windows computer, and use it to extract contents of system.img or system.new.data files of MediaTek devices.
MTK Extractor is a small but useful Windows utility tool that allows you to extract the contents of MTK firmware files (system.img or system.new.data). You can download all versions of this tool here, including its latest version.
MTK Extractor Features
1) Portable App:
This firmware content extractor tool comes as a portable application, which means you can use it without installing it on your Windows computer. Just download and extract the tool from here and click on MTK_Extractor.exe file to launch its window.
2) Simple UI:
The user interface of this tool is quite simple that even a newbie can extract the contents of the MTK firmware file (system.img or system.new.data) without any fuss. Just launch this tool, load the .img file, and click on start to extract its contents.
After making modifications to the contents of this .img file, if you would like to repack it to build firmware for the flashing process, you can use this tool as well.
3) Unpack and Repack Boot.img:
You can use this tool for unpacking the boot.img of any Android device with MTK chipset. After doing any modifications to the boot.img file, you can repack it using this MTK extractor tool as well. You can also do the same with recovery.img file as well.
4) Supports All Windows Versions:
You can use this utility tool on all computers running on Windows operating system including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit).
Download MTK Extractor (All Versions)
MTK_Extractor_v2.6.3 – Latest Version
Points To Remember:
1) Mr. Le Hau (a senior developer from the Android community) has built and distributed this tool for free. So, all credits must go to him.
2) You can use this tool to extract the contents of the firmware of any MediaTek device. Also, you can use this tool to extract the contents of any .img firmware file.
3) MTK Extractor tool supports all versions of Windows operating system.
4) If this tool doesn’t support your MediaTek device, try one of the alternative ones from our tools page.