Are you using an Android smartphone or tablet with MediaTek chipset? If yes, are you searching for an easy way to flash custom recovery or stock firmware on your device? If yes is your answer again, then you are on the right page. Download SP flash tool from here, install it on your Windows or Linux computer, and flash custom recovery or stock firmware file on your Android device successfully.
Smart Phone Flash Tool or SP Flash Tool is a Windows and Linux application that helps you install CWM recovery, TWRP recovery, custom or stock firmware in your MediaTek-based smartphone or tablet. This is one of the most used tools in the Android rooting community.
MediaTek Inc created the SP Flash Tool. So, all credits go to them. Since the tool is available for free, we are merely sharing it here.
Features Of SP Flash Tool:
1) Flash System & Custom Recovery:
Using SP Flash, you can flash system or custom recovery (CWM or TWRP recovery) in your MTK based smartphone and tablet. The procedure involved in flashing recovery is quite simple as well.
2) Flash Custom & Stock ROM Firmware:
If you are using an MTK based android device, you can use the SP Flash Tool to install custom or Stock ROM firmware. If you flash stock ROM firmware on a bricked Android device, you can get it back working.
3) Set Parameter:
One of the significant advantages of using the SP Flash tool is its ability to set a parameter for reading and write functions in your device. Although other tools offer this functionality, this tool is undoubtedly the most used one by Android users.
4) Format Android Device:
If you are using a smartphone or tablet with MediaTek chipset, you can use the SP flash tool to Format or Hard Reset your device.
5) Test Device Memory:
SP Flash tool lets you check the Random Access Memory (RAM) in your device. It also helps in verifying the NAND flash in your Android smartphone or tablet.
6) Easy Flash:
Using the smart phone flash tool, you can quickly flash stock ROM, custom ROM or recovery images. Just open up the tool in your Windows-based computer, load the scatter file, and click on Download to start the flashing process.
The above mentioned features explain why SP Flash Tool is popular among Android device users.
Download SP Flash Tool (All Versions):
Download SP Flash Tool For Windows:
SP_Flash_Tool_v6.2216 – Latest Version
Download SP Flash Tool For Linux:
SP_Flash_Tool_v6.2208 – Latest Version
Points To Remember:
1) SP Flash Tool or Smart Phone Flash Tool is a tool created by MediaTek Inc. So, full credits goes to them.
2) SP Flash Tool Windows versions run on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit) based computers. Besides, it may need you to download Microsoft Office Outlook on your PC. Also, it’s Linux version runs on Ubuntu, Debian, and LinuxMint (32 bit and 64 bit) based computers.
3) Ensure that you have taken a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone or tablet as flashing stock or custom firmware via SP flash tool will wipe your smartphone data.
4) If you use the smart phone flash tool to install custom ROM firmware or root your device, your device warranty will get void. So, beware of it before using this tool.
5) If this tool doesn’t work for you, try one of the alternative tools from our tools page.
7) If you would like to flash stock firmware on your MTK devices without using a computer, then use MobileUncle Tools.
8) After flashing the firmware on your smartphone or tablet powered by MediaTek chipset, use the MTK IMEI Tool to flash the original IMEI on your device.
Have you used this tool for flashing the stock firmware on your device? Did it work? Kindly let us know by leaving a comment below.